Things That Bug in a Typical Workday
2. Requests that you and I both know will be impossible by our deadline.
3. The bargain GPS that leads us 10 minutes in the wrong direction at least once per day because it's "re-calculating." Or worse: "Lost satellite reception."
4. Sitting in a van that is my very unglamorous mobile office, one that I share with 75 other people who all fart into this same passenger seat.
6. Not knowing when the photog will have a meltdown. It's like PMS, but with no warning signs.
7. Flakes. Just call back and and say yes or no. Or text. Or email. Or Twitter. Or Facebook. Just let a sister know.
8. Relying on other people to make up their minds.
9. Forgetting what a cool job this can be. I take it for granted sometimes. Strolling on the upper deck of the Bay Bridge when it's shut down and under construction is actually very memorable and a random perk that comes with this gig.
That's Amber Lee of KTVU. Friend and great mentor when I interned there. We bonded over our basenjis.