Things For Which I Am Thankful
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I think this holiday ties with Fourth of July for my favorite of the year. Both involve delicious food, family, and no presents. Both celebrate the best of things in life: food, family, and beer.
I have so much to be thankful for this year.
1. Health. My loved ones are all alive, well, and mostly mentally and physically sound. With the exclusion of Romeo, the dog who tries to die every 6 months or so. He just turned 9 this month, which is like 227 in Romeo years.
2. Happiness. That's why it makes it hard sometimes to find material for this blob. It's so much more fun to read about strife and annoying people.
3. Humor. I have some pretty funny people in my life and they make me laugh all the time. #lifeistooshorttobeseriousalldamnday
4. Hashtags. How did I ever communicate before the pound sign? Although when I say it in my mind or aloud, I say "Pound" not "Hashtag." #sonotcool
5. Hashbrowns. And all other foods that I enjoy heartily while my metabolism still allows it.
6. Husband. There's nothing like having two children to make you stop being polite and start getting real. I've learned so much about myself and about The Good Doctor and while I'm still anti questions that begin with "Why," I am the luckiest person in the world to have him as a life co-captain. No one has my back the way he does and no one gets my undiagnosed ADHD minus the AD as well as he does. The fact that he enjoys it is a bonus.
7. Honeys. My little bebby girlz. They bring a flutter to my heart and crinkles to my eyes from all their hijinks.
8. Grandparents. Surprise! Not everything on my list starts with the letter H! I could not do or be anything worthwhile without the love and support and encouragement I get from these four people. They are always there for us and we are thankful every day they are in our lives, and the lives of our daughters. They bring us wisdom, joy, pride, experience, understanding, and love beyond measure. They set the example for how to raise our family and we know how lucky we are to feel that way.